Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we bring in our own food or hire our own caterer?
We do not have onsite catering and so yes for rental of The Barn or The Railroad Building. On our vendors page we have listed our favorite caterers who have been coming here for years. We highly recommend them. If you decide to do your own food it must be already prepared. Our kitchen is available to use for food that needs to be kept warm or cool.
*For rental of The Castle we have an onsite caterer and florist that you are required to use.
How many guests can I invite?
- Inside the Barn we can accommodate up to 100 guests for a sit down dinner and up to 350 guests for an open house reception. We can accommodate up to 100 guests for a ceremony.
- Inside the Railroad Building we can accommodate up to 40 guests for a sit down dinner. We can accommodate up to 100 guests for a ceremony.
- In the gardens we can accommodate up to 350 guests for an open house reception and up to 100 guests for a ceremony.
- For open house style receptions in the Barn or Railroad Building we can not accommodate groups larger than 350 invitees. We provide enough seating for up to 100 guests to be seated at once.
- Inside The Castle we can accommodate 250 guests inside the grand hall for a sit down dinner.
- Inside The Castle the upstairs room can seat 150 guests for a sit down dinner.
- Inside The Castle we can accommodate up to 200 guests for a ceremony.
- For an open house style reception inside The Castle we can accommodate up to 600 guests.
How do I reserve my date for Wadley Farms?
To reserve a date for The Barn or The Railroad Building we require a $700 non-refundable deposit and a signed contract. Once we have both of these we hold your date for you.
To reserve a date for The Castle we require a $1,000 non-refundable deposit and a signed contract. Once we have both of these we hold your date for you.
What happens if I need to cancel?
Unfortunately, with any cancellation, the deposit is non-refundable.
Can I reschedule or change my event date?
Rescheduling an event is subject to availability and is dependent on how far in advance you ask to reschedule. We do allow you to transfer $200 of your $700 deposit to a new date. The new date needs to be within a year of your previous date.
What is your alcohol policy?
Wadley Farms doesn’t allow alcohol.
How long can I rent Wadley Farms for?
Wadley Farms is available for rental from 4pm-10pm six hours and 10am-10pm twelve hours.
How much time do I have to set-up for my event?
The time denoted on your contract includes the beginning time Wadley Farms is available for your use. This includes any set-up or decoration time and time for any vendors you have hired. It is your responsibility to let your vendors know what times are available for their use.
Is it necessary to schedule a private tour or can we come in anytime to view your facility?
Wadley Farms is open for tours by appointment.
Do you allow events in the garden?
During the months April through September we do. During the months October through March we do not.
What happens if we have bad weather on our wedding day?
Unfortunately Wadley Farms has zero control over the weather (if we did you bet the weather on your day would be perfect). The good news is we do provide you a backup plan all inside at no additional cost. Wadley Farms staff makes the decision on whether your event is inside or outside.
When is the final payment due?
Two weeks before your event we will meet with you to discuss your plans for your event, at this time your final payment is due.
When do we meet to discuss final planning?
If I’m out of state can we do this by phone?
The final planning needs to be done at least two weeks before. We will call you to set up this final meeting. If you are out of state we would love to discuss your plans over the phone.
Do you allow sparklers?
Yes we do allow sparklers. We do not allow any other fireworks.
At the end of our event what are we responsible to do?
You are responsible to clean up anything you have brought onto Wadley Farms property (flowers, cake, decorations, etc.). You also need to sign off a check list provided by Wadley Farms.
Can we come take pictures at Wadley Farms?
Yes. Pictures are by appointment only. Please call or e-mail us to set up the day and time you would like to come. Picture appointments are available Monday through Saturday as long as we don’t have a scheduled event. We are not open on Sundays. If you have an event scheduled with us there is no cost to do pictures. If you do not have an event scheduled with us the cost is $50 per hour.